Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose a travel agency that is best for me?
When choosing a travel agency to partner with for your vacations, it's incredibly important to make sure that you find a company that provides you with the expertise and knowledge to make your trip unforgettable and stress-free. Custom Travel and Cruise is ready to be your luxury travel experts! When talking to our team, it's great to ask questions such as the ones listed below to get the best information for your planning!
- What destinations work well with my/our specific interests?
- What is the best time of year to travel to this destination?
- What excursions and/or activities do you suggest?
- What is the area of your agency’s expertise?
- What is your personal travel history?
- Have you visited my travel destination?
- How much experience do you have booking travel and excursions to this area?
- Do you offer travel insurance or refunds if my trip is cancelled?
- What documents do I need to carry with me when I travel?
- Do I need a passport or visa?
Do people still use travel agents?
More travelers than ever leverage the expertise and assistance of travel agents for their vacations. Let’s look at some quick facts:
In fact, according to ASTA (the American Society of Travel Agents), Last year 22% of leisure travelers from households earning at least $50,000 used a travel agent – up from 14% just three years ago.
‘Millennials’ seem the biggest fans of using travel agents, with 30% having used an agent in the last year. They seem satisfied: 59% of millennials indicated that their trips planned with agents were better than trips planned without agents.This compares to 53% and 58% for gen x-ers and baby boomers, respectively.
So yes, more people use travel agents each year, and the majority feel their trips were enhanced by using a travel agent.
Here's Why You Should Use A Travel Agent Instead Of Booking Online….
- Travel agents make travel less stressful
- They save you money and time
- They advocate on your behalf
- They provide personalized attention
- They offer insurance
- They're there 24/7
- They know the right suppliers, on-sites, and guides
- They get their clients those extra benefits – on-board credit, upgrades when possible, best pricing, sales promos
- Travel Agents are experts in destinations, geography, cruises, river-cruises, hotels, flights, and itineraries